Are you in a book club? If not, then what the heck are you waiting for? Join one! And while you’re at it, be sure to recommend my novel as the next book to read. Because…
If you have a club that has ten or more readers, I’ll be more than happy to talk to you about the book, the writing process, the road to publication, the New York Mets, etc. We can do this in a variety of ways:
- in person
That third option isn’t a joke — if you are within reasonable driving distance (inside ~60 miles from 07882), I’d love to come to your meeting and participate. Email me at [email protected] so we can figure out a time to make this happen.
Everything Asian Reading Group Guide (PDF)
Love Love Reading Group Questions
- This novel alternates between two points of view, Kevin and Judy. How does this help (or hinder) the narrative? Did you find yourself enjoying one story more than the other?
- If you had to pick a villain in this novel, who would it be, and why?
- Roughly around the middle of the novel, there’s a section that, well, let’s just say it stands out. Why do you think the writer chose to present this character’s story in this manner? Do you think it could’ve been done any other way?
- Compare the characters Roger Nakamura and Claudia X. How are they similar or different to each other? What larger philosophies/ideals could they represent?
- How “Korean” does this novel feel to you?